Phrozen Sonic Mini Review - Low Cost, Detailed & Fast Prints.
Phrozen Sonic Mini - 5.5"
- Budget Friendly - $200 USD, £270 GBP.
- Fast Printing 2.2/s Printing Speed and can go to 1.5/s print speed Compared to the normal 8/s Print Speed on most printers.
- Side USB.
- Paraled Matrix - More uniformed Prints.
- Quick Setup Time ( Less than 10 Minutes!).
- Can use 3rd Party Resin.
- Mono-LCD - up to 2000 hours Before replacement
- Plastic Vats ( But! Metal Vats soon will be available.)
- Replacement Parts Hard to get in Europe.
- Build Platforms (Flat on top)
What we do love about the Sonic Mini is how much you can fit on it, I can easily fit 36 28mm miniatures for example below,
In Under 2 hours you can have 36 new miniatures to paint! or if your into Gaslands, you can Print 40 Missiles for your cars in less than 1 hour!
We personally print nearly everything support-less and on the Build Plate without loss of detail, to take advantage for the 5.5" screen and fast printing,
For Hobbyists and Company's We think this is a great starter printer for prototyping and for the hobbyists to print your own miniatures especially at the price, A must buy for this would be a metal vat, but the plastic one is fine for starting off.
We are planning to do a comparison of the Sonic Mini and the Elegoo mars.